- Supervision of students begins at 8:15 a.m. Do not bring your child to school before 8:15 a.m. There is no adult supervision before that time.
- Children enter classrooms at 8:30 a.m. School begins promptly at 8:45 a.m., when the doors will be locked and all children will be expected to enter through the front doors and check in at the office.
- Children are late when they arrive after 8:45 a.m. and will be marked accordingly. Classroom instruction as well as Art, Music, Library, and PE begin at 8:45 a.m.
- Please send your child(ren) to school each day with a healthy snack.
- Children should dress appropriately for recess outside twice each full day and once on half days. We go outside unless it is below 18º Fahrenheit or the weather is inclement.
Arrival and dismissal will follow the routines outlined below:
ARRIVAL: In the morning, children gather on the basketball court at the end of the school grounds. In case of rain, classes meet in the cafeteria. Drop off occurs along the sidewalk on Crosby Road. There is no parking in the Methodist Church parking lot. Do not leave your car unattended to walk students to the basketball court. If you plan to park, please use the school lot or the streets off the school property.
DISMISSAL: At dismissal, all cars should have a card with the family name displayed on the dashboard. All walkers and children in grades 3, 4 and 5 will be picked up at the basketball court. Children in grades K, 1 and 2 will be picked up behind the building. Please do not leave your car; staff will assist children in locating their rides. If you have children in multiple grades, pick them up at the dismissal location of your youngest child’s grade. At dismissal, there is no parking in the Methodist Church parking lot.
Animals on school grounds:
I understand the desire to bring the family dog to school to drop off or pick up your child, however, it is expressly prohibited by Town ordinance: “All animals, including dogs, are expressly prohibited from school grounds, playgrounds, and playing fields. The exception is a service animal designated by the American with Disabilities Act.” (Selectmen’s Policy Manual revised 6/27/11)
Again, thank you for helping to keep all our children safe as they arrive and depart from the school grounds.
— Louise Lipsitz