The Hastings Harvest 5K Run/Walk is a hugely successful annual event, raising funds school thanks to 500+ runners, 80+ volunteers, and many generous sponsors and business donors. It is a fun day all-around for the Hastings community. What better way to raise money for our school than to gather hundreds of young families to get active and have fun outside together!
Visit www.hastingsharvestrun.com for more details.
The Harvest Run Chair is responsible for:
- Overseeing and providing support to sub-committees: Website/Marketing, T-shirts/Registration, Course logistics (DPW work, water stations, cones, etc.), Post-race party, Volunteer coordination. Our plan is to have 1-2 coordinator for each of these sub-committees (with additional volunteers helping them on each).
- Helping recruit your friends and neighbors as volunteers for sub-committees during the spring / summer (recognizing that there are some returning members from last year’s sub-committees and the Hastings PTO also assists with recruitment!)
- Getting the event Committee up and running by spring/summer
- Leading and managing the overall logistics/events on actual race day
- Obtaining the permit for field use from Hayden Rec Centre, securing USA Track and Field sanctioning, arranging for portable toilets
- Overall Race Coordinators (Sharon Musto and Krishna Pulakhandam)
- Post-race Party Chair (Kim Ryan)
Event planning and securing food donations for post-race party.
Website/Marketing Chair (Mahesh Kulkarni)Responsible for updating Harvest run website, including adding cash sponsors and in-kind donors as they are secured
- Course Logistics Chair (Krishna Pulakhandam, Shankar Venkateswaran)
1 volunteer needed to shadow in 2018 who can take over in 2019
Manage course operations leading up to event and day of (DPW permits, Town permits, secure cones, set up course).
- T-shirts/Registration Chair (Sharon Musto)
Orders and distributes the t-shirts. Registration is done through the Racewire website.
- Sponsorship Chair (Patrick Farrell)
Obtains cash sponsorships to help cover event costs so that proceeds from race can go directly to the Hastings PTO
- Volunteer Coordinator (Sharon Musto and Krishna Pulakhandam)
Role includes obtaining high school volunteers to help along race course and at post-race party.
Please contact our VP Planning/Board Development at email@example.com if you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities.
For more information about the Hastings Harvest Run: