Tomorrow – Thursday November 19, we will hold a second Community Chat to gather feedback from families about how learning is going in your homes. From 7:00-8:00pm we will use Zoom to gather virtually and hear from our staff and our families.
Several of our literacy and math coaches will join us in the beginning to share what they are doing to support students at Hastings and across the school district.
If you have questions in advance of the Chat, feel free to add them here Questions for 11/19 Community Chat.
The link for the Community Chat:
Thursday, November 19, 7pm
Dr Hackett sent out an update via email on November 12. If you have not read it, please see the link here:
- In her update she announced all students will have remote learning days prior to Winter Break – Monday, December 21 through Wednesday, December 23.Classes will resume on January 4, with Cohort A in school and Cohort B learning remotely.
- She also included information about holiday travel. If you are planning to travel out of state, here are the LPS guidelines that we ask all families to follow. As a reminder, small indoor gatherings of family and friends continue to be extremely risky and ill advised. If you decide to get together with family members who do not live in your household, we strongly recommend that you follow this holiday guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Superintendent Chats (PreK-5 Students) – Friday, 11-20-2020 at 3:30 p.m.
URGENT Request of families to maintain and promote health in our schools.
Positive cases of COVID-19 continue to rise throughout the state. It is imperative that we all do our part to protect each other and our school community.
Please review the revised Family/Student Daily Symptom Checker when determining if your student is well enough or safe to be at school. A PCR (molecular) test would only be needed if the school nurse determined that your student:
- Is ill and presenting with COVID-19 symptoms OR
- Is returning from out-of-state travel from a high risk (red) state or internationally OR
- Identified as a close contact of a COVID-19 positive person.
If your student is sick, even during his/her remote week of learning, please notify the school nurse by completing the confidential Absent Form.
If you have any questions, please be in touch.
Jacqui Falco, School Nurse
Please remember to use the Absence Form if your child is ill regardless if it is an in-person or remote week of learning. If your student has been tested for COVID-19 due to illness or because s/he has been identified as a close contact of a positive person, please inform our school nurse, Jacqui Falco, regardless of the test result. Thank you.
For the health and safety of our community, it is critical that you complete the Community Compact. It will only take 1-2 minutes. Please do so at your earliest convenience, for each of your children.