1. Is the Science Fair a competition?
No, this is not a competition and participation in the Hastings Science Fair is optional. Each participating student scientist will receive an official Hastings Science Fair medal and t-shirt. Visiting Scientists will stop at each poster to ask questions.
2. What Type of Board do you use and where can I purchase one?
Boards should not be larger than 36″ high by 48″ wide. Tri Fold poster boards can be purchased at any office supply store (Staples, office depot) or ordered from Amazon. Don’t forget to use Amazon Smile.
3. How much space will my child have to display?
Space is limited. The project display should not be more than 48″ wide.
4. Why do I need to submit individual registrations for my children if they are on the same team?
A parent approval and t-shirt size is required for each student.
5. Can I request that my child’s display is positioned next to their friend?
No. we cannot accommodate such requests. We do however make all attempts to co-locate siblings during the science fair. If you want your own children to be co-located during the science fair, please indicate during the registration process.
6. Are there any items that are not acceptable to bring to the science fair?
All experiments should be conducted at home using non-hazardous materials and under parental supervision. Some students may chose to bring a small display to Science Fair, but this should not include any hazardous materials, live animals, food items that other students may be tempted to eat (especially nuts), and latex.
If you have additional questions, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.