In order to volunteer with children at Hastings (either at school or on a field trip), there are two easy requirements that take only a few minutes to complete.
- View the 10-minute Volunteer Training Video.
- Complete and return a short CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) Form.
All adult volunteers must complete Volunteer Training by watching a 10-minute training video. Parents and guardians who view the video must notify the school that they have done so (instructions are included in the video). This requirement needs to be completed only once (not annually).
Like school staff, all adults who volunteer with Lexington school children must fill out a CORI form. This is done to ensure the safety of the children and only takes a few minutes to complete. You must fill out the form even if you have already done so for another Lexington organization. Please follow the instructions below as the process might be different from that used by other volunteer organizations in town. CORI forms are valid for 3 years. You will not hear back from the school unless there is a problem with your form.
- Request a CORI form from Mary Tripi in the school office or download a CORI form from the Lexington Public Schools website.
- Fill out but DO NOT SIGN the form.
- Bring the unsigned form and a copy of your driver’s license to the front office. (The form must be signed in the front office by the person named on the form.)
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Hastings. We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming event!