The Maria Hastings PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) brings together our community of parents, caregivers, teacher and staff to enrich the overall experience at Hastings school. 100% volunteer run, the PTO comes together to support weekly initiatives at the school and also to deliver events and activities for the enrichment of our students and community as a whole. Hastings is a special place because of our diverse, inclusive and collaborative values. There are many ways to become involved and support during the school year.
- A non-profit organization, the PTO raises funds every year through member donations, Harvest 5k run/walk, restaurant nights, spirit wear and more!
- Membership is free, each year members activate their membership toolkit profile to gain access to the school directory, receive weekly newsletters and more!
- Annual events include the Welcome Back Picnic, Harvest Festival, Science Fair, Book Fair, Read-A-Thon, All school social and more!
- The PTO supports our educators and awards mini-grants to classrooms throughout the school year to bolster the experience for our students.
- PTO coffees and meetings take place during the year and all are welcome!
- Volunteering is fun – there are weekly and on-off volunteer opportunities throughout the school year, we are so fortunate to have such an involved community.