The Hastings PTO always welcomes volunteers!
Committees can almost always use more hands! If you would like to help out, please reach out to the committee co-chairs directly. View a list of all the committees.
Hastings PTO Open Positions for 2020/2021 School Year
Join the PTO by leading or co-leading an event! We need Hastings community members help to fill the following open roles:
- Co-VPs Fundraising – 1 OPEN SPOT
- Co-VPs Student Enrichment – 2 OPEN SPOTS
- Co-VPs Community Enrichment – 2 OPEN SPOTS
- ACT – OPEN
- Adult Social 2022 – OPEN – POSTPONED UNTIL 2022
- Chinese American Assoc Lex (CAAL) Liaison – OPEN
- Destination Imagination – OPEN
- Fifth Grade Activities – OPEN
- Indian Americans of Lex (IAL) Liaison – OPEN
- Math Olympiad – OPEN FOR 4TH GRADE PARENT
- Multicultural Potluck (Virtual) – 2 OPEN SPOTS
- School Committee Liaisons – OPEN
- STAR Newsletter – OPEN
- Talent Show (Virtual) – 2 OPEN SPOTS
Please email email@example.com for more information or to offer your help. The full list of Board Positions – including open positions – are located here: http://hastings-pto.org/board/.
Lunchtime Composting/Recycling Help Needed!
When: M, T, W, F (11:15-12:20 or 12:20-1:25)
Where: Hastings Cafeteria
What: Did you know that with parent help with composting and recycling at lunch, Hastings now has only 1/2 a trash bag per lunch, compared with 6 bags in the past?
This is a fun opportunity to help the environment and get a peek at your child at lunch.
We have two shifts available. The first is for grades K, 1, and 2 (11:15-12:20) and the second for grades 3, 4, and 5 (12:20-1:25).
Please go to the Lunchtime Composting/Recycling form on your account at Membership Toolkit to let us know your availability. We will contact you to firm up the schedule.
The Hastings Green Team
Considering Volunteering in the School? Two Important Steps are Required First
There are MANY ways to get involved at Hastings and to volunteer your time with the children. If you are thinking about volunteering there are a few steps that must be taken BEFORE you can do so.
- ALL volunteers must have a CORI background check on file. These criminal background checks are required for all volunteers and must be updated every three years. The CORI form is available online at http://bit.ly/LexCORI. Fill out the form, but DO NOT SIGN IT. Bring the form and your license to the Hastings front office for office staff to witness your signature. If you sign before you arrive, you will need to fill out a new form.
- Volunteers are required to watch a 10-minute video online about volunteering at Hastings (http://hastings-pto.org/getinvolved/). Upon its completion, you will electronically sign that you have watched it. Unlike the CORI, which needs to be done every 3 years, you only need to watch the video once.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.